In today's world, every process has a basic cost to produce a product or service correctly the first time. This base cost is known collectively as
the Cost of Quality (COQ) and generally made up of the costs of quality assurance (requirements), the costs of quality control (testing) and the
costs of failure (fixing defects). The cost of finding and fixing a defect in production is at least 100 times the cost of finding and fixing that same
defect earlier in requirements.
Rapid Review Assessment Services:
Quality Assurance and Testing Process
• An assessment and evaluation of the current QA & Testing process and its related supporting infrastructure. We review
people, process, and software applications and development tools to provide a comprehensive view of the IT application
portfolio and its capabilities
• A gap analysis comparing the QA& Testing process to best practices and recommendations for improvement
In addition to the deliverables listed above, we can assist clients in a more detailed full QA & Testing Process assessment and help to implement the
The Rapid Review Assessment - QA & Testing Process offering provides a fast and efficient assessment and evaluation of an organization's
testing maturity level that covers the following:
Our consultants have expertise in working with both large and small complex organization to achieve the maximum benefits of their IT
organization. We have assisted our clients in building business cases for implementation changes/improvements as well as for outsourcing or
in-sourcing their application development and/or support and maintenance. The team also has experience in performing application
development assessments (CMMI), developing actionable IT strategies and architecture plans, and improving overall IT performance.
We team with our clients to develop the assessment based on their goals and business requirements, and educate their team in the process.
We feel that this is important so our clients can take ownership for the recommendations, and are capable of making continual adjustments to
the recommended roadmap as changing business needs demand. We stress that the roadmap is not just a report, but a process that positively
impacts and positions how IT delivers value to the business and most importantly how this is affected by the applications.
Our service offering delivers the following results:
Organizations need to have a firm understanding of their QA & Testing process so that they make any necessary cost-effective improvements.
These improvements include such things as proper requirements processes, and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) gate reviews on defect
production have been found to significantly reduce cost in an IT organization.
• An assessment and evaluation of the current QA & Testing process maturity level (both in-house and purchased applications)
• An assessment and evaluation of the current QA & Testing team skill capabilities
• An assessment and evaluation of the current test reporting with emphasis on completeness and utility
• A gap analysis comparing your Q&A Testing process to best practices and recommendations for improvement
Our Consultants will deliver a detailed report that includes the above deliverables and present the findings to our client's management.
Work effort may be on or off-site and is conducted as follows:
• ITPMG will work with Client's IT staff to gather the information for review
• Work effort is limited to 2 days for data gathering and one day for an interactive presentation of findings and recommendations
• ITPMG assumes client has readily available inventory, prices and costs of all staffs both internal and external and/or will send to ITPMG within
2 business days upon request
• ITPMG will present findings and recommendations within 7 business days after receipt of all information/data from the client and present to
the CEO, CIO, CFO and COO
The executive and management team(s) responsible for product testing will gain key information critical to cost-effective actions. This service will
enable the management team to be sure that their quality and testing practices, processes and results are consistent with high performing
QA & Testing Process Baseline: Based on the QA & Testing Process Assessment we will develop a comprehensive metrics baseline for ongoing
Broader interview & survey participation: The extent of selected survey participation can be extended at the client's discretion.
Defect Study: Developed from client data delivered from test tool defect tracking or other sources, the study compares the client data to Industry
Benchmark database. We use industry formulae to discover the Cost of Quality, the suspected defect origins and implications for savings. These
defect studies are often startling in the percentage of IT budget that they represent and the savings opportunities that surface.
Full Integrated Analysis: The results from the QA & Testing Process Survey and Assessment and Defect Study are integrated and analyzed. The
assessment results are compared to CMM/CMMI, the Test Maturity Model and Industry Benchmark database to identify and document the
organization's current level, improvement path as well as any financial and process opportunities.
Ongoing support: ITPMG offers analytical and research support for the QA & Testing Process Assessment results.
CIO (primary), CFO, COO
Rapid Review Assessment Solution Suite Service Offerings
Quality Assurance and Testing Process